Tuesday, December 25, 2007

12/24/07 bruise L1052831-2


12/24/07 bruise L1052831-2, originally uploaded by Susan NYC.

I took this on Monday 12/24, Christmas eve. I asked the nurse how it happened, what it was, and she had no idea what I was talking about. She came with me to look at it and said it was probably from his arthritis. I said, "I don't think so." Then she said it must be from drawing blood. I said, "I don't think so."

There was no incident rreport on this in the book, though surely someone had noticed it while dressing or bathing my father. So I asked that the nurse make a note about it in the book, so the doctor would look at it. She said she would.

The day after Christmas I made an appointment for my father to see his Mount Sinai doctor Friday 12/28.

That day I also called the nursing home doctor. She answered her phone and had no idea what I was talking about. Either there was no note in the book for her to look at my father, or she hadn't seen the note. At any rate, she said she'd look.

I called the nursing home again a few hours later, and the nurse said the doctor had left for the day. I asked the nurse to see if there was any notation in the book about my father's arm. She went to look and came back and said, no no followup.

No comments: